More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree have been used by the Aboriginal peoples of Australia for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect.
Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function.* Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify the nails and keep them looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function when used internally*
- Ingest to protect against environmental and seasonal threats*
Herbaceous, green, leathery
Terpinen-4-ol, γ-terpinene, α-terpinene